What does a pitcher need a glove for? Some fans out there might pose this question numerous times throughout a baseball season as they simply see a pitcher as someone who tosses the ball toward home plate. But if you examine the game closely, it is impossible to ignore the coordination needed to handle hot shots up the middle or the deftness required to pounce on a bunted ball. Pitchers need a nice glove while they’re in the pitcher’s circle or up on the mound. Luckily for you, our Glove Experts have put in the time to create a list of the best gloves for pitchers in 2023…
Best Pitcher Gloves For Baseball and Softball
- Wilson A2000 JL34 Jon Lester 12.5" Baseball Glove (WBW100238125)
- Rawlings Heart of the Hide R2G 11.75" Baseball Glove (PROR205-4T)
- Easton Professional Collection 12" Baseball Glove (PCK-D45)
- Wilson A2K SuperSkin D33 11.75" Baseball Glove (WBW1000631175)
- Marucci Ascension 11.75" Baseball Glove (MFG2AS44A6)
- Rawlings Liberty Advanced Keilani Ricketts 12.5" Fastpitch Softball Glove (RLA125KRG)
- Wilson A2000 SnakeSkin KS7 Spin Control Kelsey Stewart 12" Fastpitch Softball Glove (WBW10043512)
- Shoeless Joe Shoeless Jane 12.5" Fastpitch Softball Glove (1250FPBW)
- Mizuno Franchise 12.5" Fastpitch Softball Glove (GFN1251F4)
Top 3 Pitcher Gloves For Baseball
Jon Lester might have retired from professional baseball after the 2021 season, but his glove is still dominating mounds across the nation. This A2000 is built with an especially large size at 12.5 inches. This is great because it provides plenty of length and shape to hide a pitcher’s throwing hand when gripping a pitch. As well, the closed web assists in concealing the throwing hand while it is in the glove.
With it being an A2000, you never need to worry about the quality of the material from which the glove is built either. This Wilson is made to last many seasons!
3 More Reasons To Purchase:
- Pro Stock Leather is durable and still provides an unbeatable feel
- Comfort Pro Fit allows for a cozy experience while wearing the glove
- Rolled Dual Welting on finger backs allows the glove to retain its shape over time
2.) Rawlings Heart of the Hide R2G 11.75" Baseball Glove (PROR205-4T)
Heart of the Hide…the name says it all. When a ballplayer hears these words uttered, they know that baseball glove excellence is being discussed. To make this pitcher glove even better is that it comes with a throwback tan color that gives this modern glove a touch of nostalgia.
The 11.75” length gives it enough “body” for a pitcher to hide their hand and wrist within the glove while on the mound. As well, the tightly-laced Modified Trapeze web will shield a pitcher’s hand from any batters that might be extra pesky and try to see what pitch is being gripped.
Lastly, the R2G design should make it a little softer than a regular Heart of the Hide and easier to break in!
Seems like a glove that will hold up well [for] multiple seasons
- JustGloves Customer Brandon
This Easton Professional Collection glove is the quintessential baseball pitcher glove. It has that perfect 12 inch length that is neither too large or too small. It also has the closed webbing that keeps the batter from being able to peer in and see which pitches are being gripped. And it has the blonde color that looks incredibly clean.
With Easton scaling back their baseball gloves over the past few years, it will become rarer and rarer to find the bold Easton “E” brandished on many gloves moving forward. If you want something that will stand out as the years progress, be sure to get this Professional Collection glove!
3 More Reasons To Buy:
- Easton’s Tight-Grained, Premium Japanese Reserve Kip Leather should last many seasons
- Professional Grade USA-Tanned Rawhide Leather Laces handle up to 100 lbs of tensile strength
- Suede Wrist Liner is made of water resistant material that lines the back of the hand while in the glove
Top 3 Pitcher Gloves For Fastpitch Softball
1.) Rawlings Liberty Advanced Keilani Ricketts 12.5" Fastpitch Softball Glove (RLA125KRG)
Keilani crushed it as a pitcher at the University of Oklahoma where she won back-to-back national player of the year awards. She then continued her pitching prowess through the professional fastpitch ranks for a number of seasons. Rawlings commemorates her success with this glove that can do it all for fastpitch hurlers. The 12.5” length gives it plenty of room to fit both the softball and your hand when gripping pitches. As well, the look of it is just incredible. The gold binding and welting stand out in contrast to the stark white leather.
As well, with it being a part of the Liberty Advanced lineup, it’ll come with a soft, full-grain leather shell. The glove should not be much of a chore to break in!
Customer Comments On Break-In:
Easy to break in…Love the look
- JG Customer Collins
2.) Wilson A2000 SnakeSkin KS7 Spin Control Kelsey Stewart 12" Fastpitch Softball Glove (WBW10043512)
Kelsey Stewart has done it all within the world of fastpitch softball. She’s been a star player, a coach and now even an influencer! And one thing that has been consistent over the last few years with her gloves are their swagger. Kelsey’s eye for designing gloves could be argued as the best within the both fastpitch glove and baseball glove realm. This A2000 will serve any lady well within the pitcher’s circle with its closed web design. And as well, if you want a glove that can function an infielder too, this is your model to consider!
3 More Reasons To Buy:
- Spin Control Tech on the catching surface reduces the spin of the ball and makes it easier to catch
- SnakeSkin imprint on the glove’s backing gives glove a unique up-close look
- Drawstring Lace Wrist Closure allows for on-the-fly wrist size adjustments
Shoeless Jane gloves (made by the company, Shoeless Joe) come with one of the most nostalgic looks for a softball glove. The leather is hand-rubbed with old-time ingredients to allow for real softness on the leather. Here’s what one of our customers said about it’s feel…
“Glove felt ready to use right out of the box. My daughter (high school player) loves this glove!”
This one will come with the 12.5” length and closed web. It works extremely well in the pitcher’s circle and it also functions across the diamond (infield and outfield).
There it is! We’ve created our list of what we believe will be the best gloves to serve both baseball and fastpitch pitchers in 2023. If you still have more questions on selecting a pitcher glove for 2023, then do not hesitate to reach out to our trained Glove Experts. They can be reached on phone at 866-321-4568, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by chatting with an expert here!