Since the beginning, Wilson has been making top quality baseball and softball gloves for little leaguers to professionals. The leather that they use is handcrafted by some of the best glove technicians in the industry. This is why Wilson is the glove of choice by many professionals players including Jose Altuve, Miguel Cabrera and Evan Longoria. Today, JustBallGloves.com will dive in all of the background, construction and the features of one of their most exclusive gloves on the market, the A2K.
Three of Wilson’s top gloves are the A2K, A2000 and the A1K. These three gloves are what Wilson calls their Pro Stock Family. Let's start from the beginning: The A2000 is their original glove that has been around for the longest period of time. Next you have the A1K which is still a quality glove, but, this model is made with a lower class leather. Wilson had a lot of success with both the A2000 and A1K for many years so they thought how can we make another premium glove that will standout above the rest? So, they went to their Glove Guru Shigeaki Aso who oversees the production of all Wilson gloves and the A2K was born.
- A2K gloves are made with Pro Stock Select Leather which is the most quality leather on the market.
- Wilson also used triple sort hide (Grade A) which is the best that Wilson has to offer.
- The leather from the A2K comes from cows that are on an extremely strict diet so that the leather can be just as top-notch.
- The difference between the A2K leather compared to others is that it needs to be worked in longer in the factory. Wilson’s glove technicians work on these twice as long as the other models.
- It is constructed with a double palm hide which will make the glove more durable and reinforces the fibers that create a nice pocket.
- The A2k comes in Wilson’s SuperSkin construction as well. The SuperSkin calls for a lighter feel on the glove and is just a quality.
- There are many professionals that choose the A2K including Dustin Pedroia and Brandon Phillips.
- Constructed with top of the line Pro Stock Select Leather which is cut from top 5% of alll Wilson leather hides
- These gloves are rolled with dual welting which Allows the A2K to retain its shape over time
- Has three times more craftsman shaping which reduces break-in period and ensures the ideal pocket structure of the glove
- Contains a Dri-Lex wrist lining which is going to provide the glove to be ultra-breathable, moisture wicking material
- The A2K features their double palm construction which provides maximum pocket stability
- Water repellent
- Lighter than most gloves on the market
- Remains clean through repetitive use
- Excellent durability
Now that you know all about Wilson A2K gloves and what they can bring to your game, any interest in picking on up? Let us know in the comments.
Still have questions about baseball gloves or Wilson gloves? Don’t hesitate to give our Glove Experts a call at 1-866-321-4568 send us an email at email@example.com or click here to live chat with our glove experts. And remember, with our customer service, we'll be here for you from Click to Catch!
Do you have questions about baseball gloves or softball gloves? JustBallGloves would love to help you out! If you have any questions, please give our Glove Experts a call at 866-321-4568 or Live Chat now. They are available and will be there for you from click to catch!