The slow pitch season is upon us and a new year means new gear. The team at JustBallGloves.com has listened to your feedback and read countless reviews before making a final decision. And after much deliberation, these are the five best slow pitch gloves for the 2018 season.
Slow pitch softball gloves tend to be on the larger size because they need to fit an adult hand and keep larger softballs contained in the pocket. Because of this, we've only included gloves with a 13-inch size or larger. If you're in need of a smaller sized glove, click here to use our Glove Coach that will walk you through a series of questions to determine the best glove for you.
Wilson's SuperSkin is becoming more popular than ever, and for good reason. With half the weight of traditional leather, two times the strength, and a faux snakeskin look, these gloves are the preferred option of pros. And where the SuperSkin isn't, the Pro Stock Select leather takes over to provide a rugged durability with a luxurious feel. Other key features of the 2018 Wilson A2000 SuperSkin Slow Pitch Glove include:
- 13.00 inch pattern
- Dri-lex wrist lining helps keep sweat off hands
- Gap welting to create a perfect pocket with superior structure
- Reinforced single post ladder web
A more affordable glove option, without sacrificing quality, is the Rawlings RSB. With a pro micro lining and an adjustable velcro wrist strap, this slow pitch glove provides a personalized fit and is recommended for players with smaller hands. Plus, the all leather construction and a closed basket web make this model manufactured for the mound. Other key features of the 2018 Rawlings RSB include:
- 13.00 inch glove size
- 90% factory break-in for a game ready feel
- Deep, wide pocket that's perfect for softballs
- Palm and index finger padding for added protection
For players with bigger hands, the TPS from Louisville Slugger is just what the doctor ordered. A dual cinch strap on the back is the feature that sets this glove apart from the pack by providing a premier fit with flexibility. Not to mention, the larger 14-inch size makes this model a utility pattern that may be used by both infielders and outfielders. Other key features of the 2018 Louisville Slugger TPS include:
- White and red colorway
- Dual post web
- Game ready feel from day one
- Top shelf leather construction optimizes durability
The Mizuno MVP Prime gloves are offered in a variety of different color patterns and have designs for infielders, outfielders, and pitchers. Mizuno's 110+ years of elite craftsmanship and passion for sporting goods have come together to create this special edition lineup.
To recap, the key features on the 2018 Mizuno MVP Prime SE slow pitch gloves include:
- Bio-soft throwback leather construction offers a game ready feel
- Center pocket design creates a versatile break in
- Plus grip thumb padding for added protection
- Professional level lacing that's the same quality as Mizuno's pro level lineup
- Ultra soft palm liner delivers unmatched luxury
Premium US steer hide, extra padding, and a unique A-beam web are just a few of the fantastic features that build out this one-of-a-kind design. Easton has also applied a 50% factory break-in to each model so that you can take this glove straight to the field without the worry of an extensive break-in period. Other key features of the 2018 Easton Pro include:
- 13.00 inch size
- Double deep palm creates a wider pocket which makes catching easy
- Dynamic 2x finger welting supplies a strong pocket
- VRS shockabsorbing palm eliminate sting to the hand on defense
Out of all the 2018 slow pitch softball gloves, these five have proven their worth the most. But, with over 100 total options to choose from, you have an array of gloves at your disposal on JustBallGloves.com. If you didn't see a model you liked, please give us a call at 866-321-4568, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or click here to live chat so that we can find the perfect glove for you.
Do you agree with the best 2018 Slow Pitch softball gloves? Let us know. Or, leave a comment below telling us what your gamer is and why. Don't forget, with our customer service, we'll be here from click to catch!